According to Nielsen, 88% of tablet owners and 86% of smart phone owners are using their second screen device while watching TV. This is an unprecedented opportunity for networks, brands and content owners to transform passive viewers into active viewers who are deeply engaged with media content.
As with any emerging field, it’s important for networks and brands to be wherever your audience is talking about you, while finding ways to leverage that engagement as part of a larger monetization strategy. Networks therefore need to practice an open approach to Social TV, testing a variety of apps while fostering cross-platform engagement in a way that directly benefits the network, brand or show.
That strategy should enable you to do the following:
- Turn your website and mobile apps into engaging second-screen destinations
- Promote these apps on-air, driving higher levels of user engagement, on-site registrations and social activity.
- Create time-synced apps to roll out exclusive content, polls, quizzes and special ads at specific times during the viewing experience.
- Aggregate real-time conversation and check-ins from your fans across Twitter, Facebook, GetGlue and other social networks into vibrant, social chat streams on your website, organized by topic.
- Enable users to join the real-time conversation on your site by leaving comments, liking, replying, sharing and flagging items.
- Ask questions of the audience using real-time polls and invite them to respond using #tags, mobile web, SMS or via your website.
- Have VIP guests (actors, actresses, producers, politicians or athletes) participate in live chats with the audience using a special moderated “green room.”
- Push the best content live to air to drive increased awareness and viewer participation.
- Display companion ad messages as sponsored stories in a chatter stream. Synchronize content with your on-air ads, driving additional revenue.
- Enable viewers to quickly login and participate in Social TV discussions using their login credentials from any one of over 25 popular social networks.
- Get deep social insights into your community of users, leveraging rich data to improve future marketing and content development initiatives.
Build Engaging Experiences that
Drive Increased Viewers
Echo provides a platform, ecosystem of apps and business services that enable digital marketers to transform their websites and mobile apps into powerful second screen destinations. With Echo, digital marketing teams can effectively become the “Facebook” of their own content, creating holistic, engaging user experiences that drive increased viewers and ratings.
Echo currently works with industry leaders including ABC, AMC Networks, ESPN, NBC News, USA Network, Showtime and WWE and was awarded Best Whitelabel Solution at the 2012 Social TV Awards.