Now more than ever, publishers are looking to transform news consumption into an experience that drives reader loyalty, increased circulation and ad revenue. The ability to engage your audience and crowd-source news are key to retaining readership and monetizing rapidly emerging content on a budget. Social News is about turning your content into conversation, turning conversation into content and turning your readers into contributors. The future of news is real-time.
Your Social News strategy should enable you to do the following:
- Turn every article or new piece of content into an opportunity for your audience to share comments in real-time, building a sense of community around the news on your site.
- Provide real-time coverage of major events by enabling your journalists to post live to your site while on location.
- Use real-time polling to take the pulse of your readers on controversial subjects.
- Crowd-source photos and reactions to news from Twitter, Facebook and other social networks as well as your own site.
- Aggregate the social actions of journalists, politicians, and celebrities from Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, YouTube, Google+ and other social networks into a real-time, interactive stream on your site.
- Deliver on the vision of the real-time newsroom. Encourage journalists to tweet about their stories in progress to collect audience input before the story gets written.
- Enable readers to quickly login and participate in discussions using their login credentials from any one of over 25 popular social networks.
- Get deep social insights into your logged in users, including number of shares, amount of social activity and more.
Building Engaging Experiences that
Drive Increased Reader
Echo provides a platform, ecosystem of apps and business services that enable digital marketers to transform their websites and mobile apps into powerful social news destinations. With Echo, digital marketing teams can effectively become the “Facebook” of their own content, creating holistic, engaging user experiences that drive increased web traffic, user engagement and revenue.