Are you ready
for your next challenge?
Echo is looking for top talent to join our team and play a key role in transforming digital presences from static to real-time.
Our team members are the best in their field. We are innovators who consistently launch firsts into new markets. We are driven by our vision and a tireless work ethic, taking each great achievement and using it to iterate and improve. Join Echo and play a key role in shaping the web of tomorrow.
- Vice President, Network Operations
- Solutions Engineer
- Server-Side Engineer
- Client-side Developer
- Project Manager
To apply for a position, please send your resume along with the name of job you're applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President, Network OperationsLocation: San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
Echo is searching for a VP of Network Operations to oversee the strategic growth and ongoing maintenance of the infrastructure powering The Echo Platform. This position will play a critical role in ensuring customer success through the successful management of both the network and internal operations teams.
- Manage the network operations team to ensure that Echo continues to meet our established standard of 99.9% system availability and uptime.
- Manage internal IT functions and oversee strategic deployment of systems to support company and network growth.
- Attract and hire the most talented individuals to support company operations objectives.
- 10+ years of management experience and/or hands-on work history in system administration, network engineering and operations of large-scale Internet infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Masters preferred.
- Proven experience running 24/7 high traffic low downtime Internet service.
- Experience interfacing with engineering (development/QA/release teams) in an environment with high (weekly) release frequency.
- Possesses a strong command of TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, Internet routing protocols, Ethernet.
- Familiar with major vendors and leaders in the Internet infrastructure space (IP transit providers, datacenter providers, CDN vendors, etc.)
- Familiar with datacenter architectures, including physical, power and cooling constraints
- Familiar with storage and storage scaling technologies (SAN/NAS, RAID levels, ZFS, deduplication, etc.)
- Familiar with major cloud computing vendors and technologies behind them (Amazon EC2/S3, Rackspace, VmWare, Google App engine); hands on experience with EC2 preferred.
- Demonstrated experience supporting infrastructure and distributed teams in North America and Russia; fluency in Russian language is preferred
- Adept at handling all aspects of a mid-size technical organization, such as Project Management, Budgeting/Planning, Capacity Planning, Vendor Relationship, Leadership and Team Management, Roadmaps and Buy-In, and Cross-functional leadership with Network Architecture, Product Development, Sales Engineering, and Data Center Operations
Product Manager, Echo Enabled App PartnersLocation: San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
Echo is searching for an experienced Product Manager for our Echo Enabled App Partners. This position will be responsible for delivering a competitive, comprehensive and cohesive app product roadmap and developing a scalable process to support a growing number of partners and products.
- Manage communication between Echo and our app partners.
- Work closely with the product marketing, sales and client solutions functions to identify product feature requirements
- Coordinate and collaborate with Echo Enabled App Partners to get these requirements built in a timely manner.
- Communicate expected schedules to the rest of the company via established roadmaps for each app partner.
- Collaborate with marketing to build feature lists and product descriptions for marketing materials. Prioritize and communicate app partner requirements for the Echo Platform to the engineering team.
- Write PRDs as needed to help communicate Echo's requirements to our app partners.
- Define and oversee new partner product operations in collaboration with business development team.
- Own and manage the Echo Enabled app certification program.
- Senior individual with several years of successful experience in social media, web technology, product development and/or SaaS.
- Understands the potential role of social media in transforming businesses and believes in Echo’s unique approach to the supporting this transformation.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, project management and communication skills
- Software Supply Chain Management or Software OEM management experience a plus
Solutions EngineerLocation: New York, NY
Echo is searching for a Solutions Engineer to act as a key member of the Customer Solutions Team. The Solutions Engineer will be responsible for customer-facing developer and engineering support. The candidate will also interact with the Sales team to provide sales engineering support during the pre-sales and sales process.
- Review and answer help desk tickets and assist clients with resolving technical and programming problems.
- Provide emergency support as needed on a 24/7 basis.
- Provide pre-sales support to the Sales team in the form of product demos, technical advice, and meetings with client’s technical staff.
- Review client requirements and proposing solutions using Echo technology.
- Review customer implementations and provide advice on best practices for using Echo technology.
- Must have thorough technical knowledge of client-side web technologies and best practices for their use.
- Should have experience in a sales engineering or support engineering role in a SaaS software company.
- Must have good communication skills, and be comfortable interacting directly with clients.
- Experience with Desk.com or Assistly preferred but not required.
Server-Side EngineerLocation: Ulyanovsk, Russia; Novosibirsk, Russia
Echo is searching for a server side engineer to be a part of the team that develops our real-time web platform. This position will play an integral role in helping to ensure that the system can continue to reliably scale to meet the needs of Echo’s top tier customers.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education.
- At least three years of professional software development experience.
- Strong knowledge of one of the following programming languages: C/C++, Java, Python, Perl.
- Familiarity with one of the following functional languages: Erlang, OCaml, Haskell.
- Experience developing web scale systems for large, business-to-consumer applications.
- Working knowledge of the English language.
- Knowledge about architectural approaches for high load environments is a big plus.
Client-side DeveloperLocation: Ulyanovsk, Russia
Echo is searching for a client-side developer to be a part of the team that develops and maintains the client side technologies for our real-time web platform. This position will be responsible for producing code of the highest possible technical standards.
- Knowledge of ECMAScript (ECMA-262) specification on 8+ from 10
- Examples of projects that you have written using this model are welcomed.
- Skilled with cross-browser development, including out-of-date browsers.
- Experience with AJAX, without use of foreign framework.
- Use of a functional approach is a big advantage.
- Ability to read and understand technical literature written in English is a must.
- Verbal fluency in English is a plus.
- Ability to think on your feet and learn new technologies quickly.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands and delivering solid work product.
- Takes a proactive approach towards development and accomplishes tasks quickly and efficiently.
Echo is searching for a Project Manager to act as a key member of the Customer Solutions Team. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing resources, timelines, and planning for all customer facing and internal projects performed by the Solutions Team.
- Project initiation, requirements gathering, design phase facilitation, project plan creation, and maintenance
- Pre-project business case development, project prioritization, and resource planning
- Work with business analysts on project documentation; knowledge and change management; and issues logging, tracking, and resolution
- Oversee quality assurance and testing planning, execution, and sign-off
- Adapt the approach that best fits the initiative, team, and stakeholders
- Business process evaluation/re-engineering, gap analysis, and creation of business process flows and documents
- Ensure that all meetings, discussions, outcomes, and next steps are memorialized
- 3+ years of project management experience with exposure to both technical and business initiatives
- Knowledge and understanding of web software application infrastructure and social media technologies
- Demonstrated end-to-end project management responsibility from kick-off through roll-out
- Experience leading enterprise-level projects and initiatives a must
- Proven understanding and application of project management methodology and tools
- Exceptional organizational, research, information/data gathering, and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a collaborative work style, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Team-oriented with a natural curiosity, a good sense of humor, and a strong work ethic
- Ask a lot of really great questions and propose intelligent solutions or suggestions based on analysis of available information
- Serious communication skills: We want someone that can effectively speak to C-Level Execs and Engineers at the same meeting